2021 BRC Bi+ Maker's Market
SAVE THE DATE: Friday, June 17 to Monday, June 21 to shop small, independently owned online shops owned and operated by fabulous bi+ artists & craftsfolk!
Watch our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages for featured artists and shops as the date draws near!
Are you a bi+ artist, crafter, or maker with your own established online store? Apply to join us in June!
What it is
A 4-day BRC-hosted website celebrating independent, small bi+ artists and crafters, which will be promoted ahead of time to our social media followers and partners. Think of the Market as the venue where a craft fair or art fest would usually take place, just virtually.
When it is
The market website will be held online from Friday, June 17 to Monday, June 21. While vendors don’t have to be at their booths live for any portion of that time, they must check email and social media at least once a day for each of those days to answer questions from shoppers and to answer any messages from Market coordinators.
APPLICATIONS TO PARTICIPATE ARE DUE BY 11:59PM ON FRIDAY, MAY 14.
- Vendors should identify somewhere under the bi+ umbrella (bisexual, pansexual, fluid, queer, omnisexual, polysexual: essentially, anyone who is attracted to more than one gender, be it emotionally and/or sexually.)
- Goods can be LGBTQIA+-themed, but don’t need to be. We’d love to see what you’ve been making no matter the category!
- We will consider all applications, but would love to especially lift up those shops that are owned and run by BIPOC members of the bi+ community.
- The BRC will not be able to accept all applications. Applicants who have been accepted to the Market will be contacted privately by May 28 with more details.
- Vendors must have an established web store and social media pages for cross promotion of the event. To help make this a successful event, we’re asking participants to promote the #brcbimakersmarket on their social media platform of choice. We would also appreciate it if you would repost or share the BRC’s promotional posts; the more people who know about this event, the better it is for everyone!
The small, but really, really, important print
- Vendors are responsible for all customer purchases, including payments, sales tax, and managing any returns. The BRC won’t be responsible for any customer service related to any shop or goods promoted during the Bi+ Maker’s Market.
- If you are accepted and agree to participate in the Bi+ Maker’s Market, your participation will only be finalized after you have signed a contract and liability waiver, which will be emailed to you with your acceptance of your vendor offer.
- THE BISEXUAL RESOURCE CENTER WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY FORM OF BI-, TRANS-, OR HOMO-ANTAGONISM, SEXISM, RACISM, ABLEISM, OR OTHER FORMS OF DISCRIMINATION; NO ITEMS THAT PROMOTE HATE WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR SALES. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THIS YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE MARKET AND ASKED NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN FUTURE EVENTS.