Part-Time Program Coordinator
The Bisexual Resource Center invites you to apply for the role of Program Coordinator. This is part-time opportunity will report to the Board of Directors as the first staff member for the Bisexual Resource Center. In this newly established role, the Program Coordinator will deliver training, resources, and support to the broad bisexual+ community and will serve as the key external communicator for the organization.
- Develop and deliver trainings on bisexuality+ and related topics.
- Oversee and assist in writing and distributing informational resources.
- Communicate with existing partners and develop new partners in the BRC’s work, such as LGBTQ+ organizations, funders, workplaces, activists, and others.
- Coordinate volunteers including support group facilitators, Pride marchers, and others.
- Develop new creative programs for supporting bisexual+ people and implement with support of the Board of Directors.
- Create and monitor metrics to determine BRC Program impact and prepare and present reports on impact to the Board of Directors.
This is an opportunity for a self-starter with experience in bisexual+ community looking to grow their nonprofit or project management skills. You may be the right fit if you are excited by a blank slate, seeing the opportunity to build something new. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with a collaborative, dedicated Board, and create joyful, thriving spaces for bisexual+ people.
Specific requirements include
- Demonstrated experience in independent project work
- Skill in managing volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity in bisexual+ and other queer community issues and language
Candidates of any educational or professional background are welcome to apply. BIPOC, trans/GNC, and people of all identities who are excited to support bisexual+ people are encouraged to apply.
This position is being offered at 20 hours per week on a flexible schedule. The annual budgeted salary is $20,000. The candidate will need to access the BRC office at 100 Cambridge St, Boston, MA and the Back Bay post office at least once per week. While travel may be an option in the future to attend events such as conferences, Prides, or other professional development opportunities, travel outside of Boston will not be required for this role. Paid time off will be unlimited with prior approval from the board, while some requests may not be approved during times of important events (like Prides, BRC-hosted events, etc.). We are unable to offer other benefits at this time.
Please email a resume with a brief cover letter describing your interest and skills relevant to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact the same address with questions about the role or application.