Today’s Bisexual Health Awareness Month focus is on bullying and interpersonal violence resources for bisexual+ youth.
In one study, 44% bisexual youth reported being bullied about physical appearance one or more times during past month, and a report by the Human Rights Campaign found that 37% of gender-expansive youth were verbally harassed at school. In addition, bisexuality was associated with a history of forced or unwanted sex among female high school students, and compared with gay male youth, bisexual male youth were 5.4 times as likely to have been threatened with outing by a date or partner. Therefore, it is important to build safer, more inclusive school environments for bisexual+ youth, and to connect these youth with interpersonal violence services, resources, and prevention programs that can support and protect them.
Today’s Featured Resources:
- RAINN Sexual Assault Hotline 800.656.4673
- How to help a loved one who has been sexually assaulted
- Get involved: April is National Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Bi Women Support Network
Intimate Partner Violence
- The Network/La Red
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- The Broken Rainbow Hotline (U.K.): 0300-999-5428
- Love Is Respect: How to help someone in an abusive relationship
- Stalking Resource Center