Today Bisexual Health Awareness Month aims to provide resources on building safer, more inclusive spaces for bisexual+ youth!
Unfortunately, bisexual+ youth are often told that their sexual identities “don’t exist” or are “just a phase.” This biphobia and bisexual erasure causes a lot of harm, distress, and invalidation. Therefore, it’s important to recognize and address biphobia and bisexual erasure (in addition to other forms of discrimination and oppression, including transphobia, racism, and ableism) in schools, communities, and homes to improve the health of bisexual+ youth.
Today’s Featured Resources:
- The Bisexual Index: What is Biphobia?
- LA Bi Task Force: Top 5 Myths About Bisexual People
- Aud Traher: Ending Biphobia in LGBTQ Spaces is Not the Job of Bisexuals
Creating Bi-inclusive Spaces
- Ellyn Ruthstrom: 5 Steps to Create Bi-Supportive Spaces
- Growing Bi+ Community
- This is Our Community: Bisexual Anti-stigma Poster Campaign
- Eliel Cruz: 7 Tips to be Inclusive of Bisexuals in Christianity